We meet every Monday & Thursday night at the Ballston Spa High School Track at 6:30 PM
1) Outdoor track season which starts on Monday April 29th. Practices are 2 nights a week. (Monday & Thursday) at 6:30 PM.
2) Practice location: we will meet at the Ballston Spa High school track on Garrett Road
3) Practices are typically 1 hour. We are respectful that Monday and Thursdays are school nights and would like to ensure your child is home in time for dinner and get ready for school.
4) Practices are not mandatory. Come when you can and it fits into your families schedule.
5) Communication: a) Coaches communicate via this email address via our weekly team emails on Sunday nights.
b) We also use an app called Team Reach. This is to give quick notes about something we want to get to you quickly without getting lost in your emails. (typically relates to weather and postponing of practice)
c) Facebook. www.facebook.com/roundaboutrunnersclub
6) Meets: Yes we compete in local and regional meets. A list of those meets are listed above in the calendar section and will also be in our weekly emails & Facebook
7) What ages are the members: student athletes are required to be 7 in the current year. For outdoor season the child must be born in 2012.
8) Coaches: Myself, Mark Flushe, Sean O'Leary and Erin Lopez are USATF Safesport and background checked coaches. We will also be taking the USATF Level coaches class in June this year.We all have members that are part of the team. I am a certified running coach with the Road Runners Club of America.
9) Cost: $50 per season.
a) Can we check it out 1st? Yes. The first two practices are free to check out. Once your child comes to practice the 3rd time. payment is due at the start of the 3rd practice. We have an online registration page as well. https://runsignup.com/Club/Join/1149
11) LASTLY: Do we have fun? YES. Our mission is to promote the life long sport of running. We want our members to embrace running. Does not matter if they are a 5 minute mile world class runner or someone that just loves to run. We make practices fun by playing games and challenges. We work hard and will compete, but we are always laughing and wanting them to come back the next time.