Cross country season which starts on Monday September 13th.
1) Practices are 2 nights a week. (Monday & Thursday) at 6 PM.
2) Practice locations: we will meet in Luther Forest Tec Campus 100 Acre Woods Athletic fields at 10 Rocket Way. If the location of practice changes for any reason, we will let you know in the club email each Sunday night.
3) Practices are typically 1 hour. We are respectful that Monday and Thursdays are school nights and would like to ensure your child is home in time for dinner and get ready for school.
4) Practices are not mandatory. Come when you can and it fits into your families schedule.
5) Communication: a) Coaches communicate via this email address via our weekly team emails on Sunday nights.
b) We also use an app called Team Reach. This is to give quick notes about something we want to get to you quickly without getting lost in your emails. (typically relates to weather and postponing of practice)
c) Facebook. www.facebook.com/roundaboutrunnersclub
6) Meets: Yes we compete in local meets. We are members of the USATF Adirondack which will hold 2-3 meets each year. One will be an association meet in late October, one is the Saratoga Cross Country classic which is TBD. All this information is in weekly emails. Further out is our regional meet on November 8th against runners from New England, NYC and Long Island
7) What ages are the members: student athletes are required to be 7 in the current year. For cross country season the child must be born in 2014.
8) Coaches: Paul Loomis & Mark Flusche are both USATF Level 1 certified coaches. Coach Jeff Winacott Erin Lopez are USATF Safesport and background checked coaches. We all have members that are part of the team.
9) Do we run in the dark because by the end of September it is dark by 6? Yes, we do run in the dark. We ask that parents purchase a headlamp.. Do the athletes run in the dark by themselves? The answer is no. We as coaches run with the team in the park. No one is left alone. We have had great success the last 4 years with this. It is fun and the parks we run in, no child is ever alone.
10) Cost: $75 per season.
a) Can we check it out 1st? Typically... Yes, but in the year of Covid-19, we need to ensure all waivers and protocols are followed for club members 1st and foremost... We have an online registration page as well. https://runsignup.com/Club/Join/1149
11) LASTLY: Do we have fun? YES. Our mission is to promote the life long sport of running. We want our members to embrace running. Does not matter if they are a 5 minute mile world class runner or someone that just loves to run. We make practices fun by playing games and challenges. We work hard and will compete, but we are always laughing and wanting them to come back the next time.