Cross country season which starts on Monday September 10th.
1) Practices are 2 nights a week. (Monday & Thursday) at 6 PM.
2) Practice locations: we will meet in Luther Forest Tec Campus Athletic fields, Malta Town Park, Saratoga State Park (great lawn) The location of each practice will be emailed each Sunday night.
3) Practices are typically 1 hour. We are respectful that Monday and Thursdays are school nights and would like to ensure your child is home in time for dinner and get ready for school.
4) Practices are not mandatory. Come when you can and it fits into your families schedule.
5) Communication: a) Coaches communicate via this email address via our weekly team emails on Sunday nights.
b) We also use an app called Team Reach. This is to give quick notes about something we want to get to you quickly without getting lost in your emails. (typically relates to weather and postponing of practice)
c) Facebook. www.facebook.com/roundaboutrunnersclub
6) Meets: Yes we compete in local meets. We are members of the USATF Adirondack which will hold 2-3 meets each year. One will be an association meet in late October, one is the Saratoga Cross Country classic which is October 28th. All this information is in weekly emails. Further out is our regional meet in VanCourtlant Park on November 18th against runners from New England, NYC and Long Island
7) What ages are the members: student athletes are required to be 7 in the current year. For cross country season the child must be born in 2011.
8) Coaches: Myself, Mark Flushe and Sean O'Leary are USATF safesport and background checked coaches. We all have members that are part of the team. I am a certified running coach with the Road Runners Club of America.
9) Do we run in the dark because by the end of September it is dark by 6? Yes, we do run in the dark. We ask that parents purchase a headlamp from the club for $20. Do the athletes run in the dark by themselves? The answer is no. We as coaches run with the team in the parks. No one is left alone. We have had great success the last 3 years with this. It is fun and the parks we run in, no child is ever alone.
10) Cost: $50 per season.
a) Can we check it out 1st? Yes. The first two practices are free to check out. Once your child comes to practice the 3rd time. payment is due at the start of the 3rd practice. We have an online registration page as well. https://runsignup.com/Club/Join/1149
11) LASTLY: Do we have fun? YES. Our mission is to promote the life long sport of running. We want our members to embrace running. Does not matter if they are a 5 minute mile world class runner or someone that just loves to run. We make practices fun by playing games and challenges. We work hard and will compete, but we are always laughing and wanting them to come back the next time.
Practices are every Monday and Thursday night. Exact locations will vary. Details will be in the Sunday night email.