Cross country season which starts on Monday September 12th.
1) Practices are 2 nights a week. (Monday & Thursday) at 6 PM.
2) Practice locations: we will meet in Luther Forest Tec Campus 100 Acre Woods Athletic fields at 10 Rocket Way. If the location of practice changes for any reason, we will let you know in the club email each Sunday night.
3) Practices are typically 1 hour. We are respectful that Monday and Thursdays are school nights and would like to ensure your child is home in time for dinner and get ready for school.
4) Practices are not mandatory. Come when you can, and it fits into your family's schedule.
a) Coaches communicate via this email address via our weekly team emails on Sunday nights.
b) We also use an app called Team Reach. This is to give quick notes about something we want to get to you quickly without getting lost in your emails. (typically, relates to weather and postponing of practice)
c) Facebook. www.facebook.com/roundaboutrunnersclub
6) Meets: Yes, we compete in local meets. We are members of the USATF Adirondack which will hold 2-3 meets each year. One will be an association meet on October 2nd at Queensbury High School, Our Malta2-3-5k trail series on October 23rd. All this information is in weekly emails.
7) What ages are the members: student athletes are required to be 7 in the current year. For cross country season the child must be born in 2015.
8) Coaches: Paul Loomis & Mark Flusche are both USATF Level 1 certified coaches.
9) Do we run in the dark because by the end of September it is dark by 6? Yes, we do run in the dark. We will provide one headlamp. Do the athletes run in the dark by themselves? The answer is no. We as coaches run with the team in the park. No one is left alone. We have had great success the last 5 years with this. No child is ever alone.
10) Cost: $100 per season.
Online registration page: https://runsignup.com/Club/Join/1149