Indoor track starts on Monday February 27th.
1) Practices are 2 nights a week. (Monday & Thursday) at 6:30 PM.
2) Practice location: we will meet at the Saratoga Springs YMCA Branch located at 290 West Avenue. We meet in the lobby 5-10 minutes prior and practice starts at 6:30 sharp. Only coaches are allowed upstairs. You are welcome to workout during practice but do not attempt to coach your child during this hour.
3) Practices are typically 1 hour. We are respectful that Monday and Thursdays are school nights and would like to ensure your child is home in time for dinner and get ready for school.
4) Practices are not mandatory. Come when you can and it fits into your families schedule.
5) Communication: a) Coaches communicate via email@example.com address via our weekly team emails on Sunday nights.
b) We also use an app called Team Reach. This is to give quick notes about something we want to get to you quickly without getting lost in your emails. (typically relates to weather(snow) and postponing of practice)
c) Facebook. www.facebook.com/roundaboutrunnersclub
6) Meets: None this year
7) Coaches: Coaches are USATF Safesport and background checked coaches. We all have members that are part of the team. Coach Mark & I am a certified running coach with the USTF & Road Runners Club of America.
8) Do we need to be members of the Saratoga Regional YMCA to practice? NO,
Before the 1st session each child's guardian must fill out the release and waiver. If it is not received the 1st practice, your child will be turned away. It is encouraged to become members to have your child practice on off days. The YMCA has generously allowed us to use their track while other members are running. We will be respectful as their guests.
10) Cost: $55 per season.
a) Can we check it out 1st? Not with our cap. We have an online registration page as well. https://runsignup.com/Club/Join/1149
11) LASTLY: Do we have fun? YES. Our mission is to promote the life long sport of running. We want our members to embrace running. Does not matter if they are a 5 minute mile world class runner or someone that just loves to run. We make practices fun by playing games and challenges. We work hard and will compete, but we are always laughing and wanting them to come back the next time.