Youth practice meets at Saratoga YMCA at 6:30PM
Indoor Meets hosted by USATF Connecticut
Indoor Meets hosted by USATF New York
Indoor track starts on Monday January 7th.
1) Practices are 2 nights a week. (Monday & Thursday) at 6:30 PM.
2) Practice location: we will meet at the Saratoga Springs YMCA Branch located at 290 West Avenue. We meet in the lobby 5-10 minutes prior and practice starts at 6:30 sharp. Only coaches are allowed upstairs. You are welcome to workout during practice but do not attempt to coach your child during this hour.
3) Practices are typically 1 hour. We are respectful that Monday and Thursdays are school nights and would like to ensure your child is home in time for dinner and get ready for school.
4) Practices are not mandatory. Come when you can and it fits into your families schedule.
5) Communication: a) Coaches communicate via firstname.lastname@example.org address via our weekly team emails on Sunday nights.
b) We also use an app called Team Reach. This is to give quick notes about something we want to get to you quickly without getting lost in your emails. (typically relates to weather(snow) and postponing of practice)
c) Facebook. www.facebook.com/roundaboutrunnersclub
6) Meets: Yes we compete in local & regional meets. We are members of the USATF Adirondack which will hold 1 meet at the Utica College Dome on February 24th. Because of the lack of indoor running facilities in the capital district, we have participated in the past at meets in Boston, New Haven and Staten Island. All this information is in weekly emails.
7) What ages are the members? student athletes are required to turn seven (7) in 2019.
8) Coaches: Myself, Mark Flushe and Sean O'Leary are USATF Safesport and background checked coaches. We all have members that are part of the team. I am a certified running coach with the Road Runners Club of America.
9) Do we need to be members of the Saratoga Regional YMCA to practice? NO,but it is encouraged to become members to have your child practice on off days. The YMCA has generously allowed us to use their track while other members are running. We will be respectful as their quests.
10) Cost: $50 per season.
a) Can we check it out 1st? Yes. The first two practices are free to check out. Once your child comes to practice the 3rd time. payment is due at the start of the 3rd practice. We have an online registration page as well. https://runsignup.com/Club/Join/1149
11) LASTLY: Do we have fun? YES. Our mission is to promote the life long sport of running. We want our members to embrace running. Does not matter if they are a 5 minute mile world class runner or someone that just loves to run. We make practices fun by playing games and challenges. We work hard and will compete, but we are always laughing and wanting them to come back the next time.